Westminster College of Arts and Sciences
The Arts Administration Program at Westminster University
A blend of communication and business will position you for a well-rounded career in the arts. While you broaden your understanding of how arts organizations function, you will also develop the practical skills you need to be successful in the field. Arts administration means exploring the behind-the-scenes logistics of the arts in a meaningful way. At Westminster, you will acquire the tools you need to become a leader in this field.
Westminster offers a BA degree for students who want to become leaders of arts administration. You will use professional business concepts to manage the multiple levels of logistics needed to manage everything from a small art gallery to a regional theatre. Through teamwork and communication, you will learn how to administer both the financial and creative components of an arts organization.
Who the Arts Administration Program Is For
Arts administration is ideal for students who want to combine their love for arts with the practical skills to manage arts organizations. Learn about the administrative competencies needed in arts organizations by completing the numerous volunteering and internship opportunities our program has to offer. You will transform your creative mindset and problem-solving skills into real-life work experiences with the help of Westminster’s arts administration degree.
- Develop writing and editing skills applicable to a variety of professions in the arts community
- Learn to effectively present skills, interests, accomplishments, and abilities to prospective employers or clients
- Demonstrate appropriate attitudes, skills, and techniques essential to working in a team as a member and a leader
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of nonprofit organizations
- Develop a fundamental understanding of business practices from multiple disciplines
- Demonstrate fluency and competency regarding the use of digital media
- Understand how to harvest the power of the arts to create community
Sample ART ADMINISTRATION courses
- COMM-210: Media Writing I
- BUSI-225: Business Law and Ethics
- COMM-336: Public Relations Principles
- MGMT-305: Principles of Management
Kim Zarkin, PhD
ART career opportunities
- Community arts coordinator
- Digital content producer
- Donor relations manager
- Event planner
- Exhibition planner
- Festival director
- Marketing director
- Nonprofit executive director
- Public relations director
- Tour manager
- The interdisciplinary component that characterizes our program will allow you to make connections across fields of study to find innovative solutions.
- Our small class sizes will give you the opportunity to work one-on-one with professors in tailoring your education to your personal needs and interests.
- Specialize in a specific art within your degree with the accompanying minor requirement.
Arts Administration Program Plan of Study
Arts administration requires you to take a range of business and communication courses to make sure you are getting the most out of your degree. You will further pursue your areas of interest through accounting, communication, management, marketing electives, and a minor of your choice.
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster University knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, other scholarship programs are available to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships
Your tuition, fully paid
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster University is proud to cover the cost of tuition for qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.