COVID-19 testing is available for free to all Westminster students and employees through Student Health Services during the primary academic year. Campus testing is conducted at the Student Health Services clinic on the lower level of the Shaw Student Center.
Student Health Services conducts COVID testing by appointment during the fall and spring semesters. Testing is typically available during Student Health Services business hours, Monday through Friday.
Please call 801.832.2239 to schedule an appointment. After you schedule an appointment, you must complete testing intake forms either over the phone or when you arrive for your appointment. Please wear a mask when you come in for testing if you have had close contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID, or if you are feeling symptoms of illness.
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, should make an appointment to be tested if they are experiencing symptoms of illness or have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. If you're experiencing symptoms, but are calling Student Health Services after hours, try scheduling a test with your health care provider or urgent care instead. You can also obtain and use an at-home COVID test.
The test itself will take about 5 minutes. You can wait 15–20 minutes after your test for in-person results, including getting a hard copy of the results if desired. To view test results after your appointment, download the Navica app to your smartphone.
For questions, call Student Health Services at 801.832.2241 or 801.832.2239. Make sure to leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call within 24 hours. You can also email questions to email@example.com.
About Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) is quick, convenient, and affordable access to medical care provided by a Family Nurse Practitioner who can diagnose and treat common health problems. SHS is not a full service clinic and will refer the student if the clinic is unable to provide the appropriate care.
Your first pap and pelvic exam and/or mammogram exam at SHS is free thanks to a partnership with the Utah Department of Health. To qualify for a free mammogram you must have symptoms or a family history of breast cancer.
- An office visit co-pay is $15. An average visit will cost between $15–$35. Additional costs are dependent on services rendered. Payment is due at the time of service with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- SHS does not accept health insurance. We are a cash pay service only. Utilizing a cash pay system helps to keep our costs low and affordable. If a student prefers to utilize their health insurance benefits, please refer to the After Hour Care/Local Resources tab to find a nearby provider.
- SHS services are available to current Westminster University students only. Make sure to bring your student ID card with you to your appointment, as this expedites the check out process.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, you must call 801.832.2239 before arriving.
COVID-19 Testing Hours
Flu shots are available at Student Health Services or at scheduled 2024 flu shot clinics:
- Sept. 21, 11:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m. in Richer Commons
- Oct. 12, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in HWAC Special Events Room
- Nov. 16, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in Shaw Student Center
Fall and Spring Semester Hours
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are welcome and will be seen after scheduled appointments. The clinic follows the academic calendar.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: By appointment only
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
May Term (First 4 Weeks of Summer Term) Hours
May 9–June 3, 2022:
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
After May Term (First 4 Weeks of Summer Term)
Beginning June 6, Student Health Services is closed for the summer except for COVID testing 1 day a week during June and July.
After-Hour Care/Local Health Resources
Student Health Services has provided a number of local health resources you can access for after-hour care and other needs.
Student Health Services is located in the lower level of the Shaw Center.
- Basic procedures
- Family Planning
For an appointment call 801.832.2239. Leave a message if the clinic is not open and your call will be returned. Do not leave any urgent messages. If you need immediate medical attention please follow up with your local provider or any of the resources in the After Hour Care section of this website.
- Appointments are preferred to minimize wait time and ensure sufficient time to meet each student's needs.
- Appointments are typically 15–30 minutes in length depending on the needs of the student. Please specify what you need to be seen for when you make an appointment, so that the receptionist can schedule accordingly.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, you may need to re-schedule.
Walk-ins are also welcome and will be accommodated into the next available appointment.
Please bring your student ID card and a method of payment to your appointment. Payment is expected at the time of service.
If you are a new patient (or have not done so before) you will be asked to fill out a patient history form. The history is vital to ensure that you receive the appropriate medical care. Additional forms may be given to the student to complete as needed.
Please print and fill out the necessary forms before your scheduled appointment.