The website transition to Westminster University is complete. Please submit a web request if you discover any 404 errors, broken vanity URLs, or references to “Westminster College” on the website.
Because website URLs have changed, you will need to update:
- Your browser bookmarks
- Materials using a QR code or vanity URL
- Links in digital messages
- Links in third-party applications (e.g., Slate, Graduway, Canvas)
- Links in Office 365 and Google forms
- Your email signature
Updating PDFs on the Website
If your department has PDFs or other files on the website, you must submit a web request with new files that include:
- The Westminster University PDF logo
- @westminsteru.edu email addresses
- westminsteru.edu website links
- "Westminster University" in text
You do not need to update past issues of newsletters, reports from specific timeframes, meeting minutes, or other historical documents.
You do need to update Excel forms, PDF forms, guides, policies, and other actively referenced documents.
Your department's webpages might link to PDFs or other files. Those files will need to be updated to ensure they are branded "Westminster University" and don't use broken links. These instructions refer to "PDFs," but apply to any file hosted on westminstercollege.edu (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PPT files). You do not have to review catalog.westminstercollege.edu PDFs or webpages; the Registrar's Office and web team are managing all changes to the catalog.
- Review your department’s webpages for PDFs and other files your content links to.
- Ask: Can this PDF be content on a webpage instead? Can it be a web form instead? Is it
still needed at all?
- Submit a web request to transition files into web content or web forms.
- You do not need to update newsletters, handbooks, and other files that were produced as Westminster University. You will just need to produce them as Westminster University starting July 1.
- Download Adobe Acrobat for free.
- If you can’t locate the original file within your department, download the PDF from
the website and edit it in Adobe Acrobat or convert it into a Word file.
- If you edit in Word, be sure to export your file as a PDF before submitting it to the web team.
- For the PDFs you’re keeping:
- Test links and ensure they are not producing a 404 error and that they are using the full URL (e.g., https://westminsteru.edu/academics/programs/nursing/index.html, not https://westminsteru.edu/nursing).
- Update links to westminsteru.edu webpages and files (e.g., other PDFs). Completely
replace all links to other files. (All file URLs should be https://westminsteru.edu/_resources/files/default-source/filename).
1. Open the webpage or file you want to link to on the website.
2. Copy the full URL from the browser address bar.
3. Relink the text in your PDF to the full URL.
4. Change "westminstercollege.edu" to "westminsteru.edu" in the link settings.
- Replace “westminstercollege.edu” with “westminsteru.edu” in links and emails—be sure to update both the link text and the link URL.
- Replace “Westminster College" and "college" with "Westminster University" and "university" in text.
- Update the Westminster logo to the main university logo. MarComm is working on department logos for university, however, new department logos
will not be ready by the time your PDFs need to be updated.
- To comply with ADA requirements, do not use a document header and add “Westminster University logo” as the image’s alt text.
- Once added to a document, you can resize the logo smaller, but not bigger.
- The logo file provided is only intended for document use; there is a separate process for updating swag.
- Make sure your files meet ADA requirements by running accessibility checkers:
- Save your PDFs with the exact same filename that they currently have on the website (e.g., if your PDF's URL is currently https://westminstercollege.edu/_resources/files/default-source/global-learning/study-abroad/nursing-study-abroad5eee.pdf, save your updated PDF as nursing-study-abroad5eee.pdf).
- Create a SharePoint folder for all of your new, final PDFs and copy the shareable folder link OR create a zip file:
- Submit a “File Upload or Update” web request and provide the SharePoint folder URL or attach your zip file.
- You can submit new PDFs before July 1, but they won’t be updated on the website until after July 1.
- Do not update handbook PDFs within this process; all university-related updates will be managed by the web team as part of the annual handbook update process before Aug. 1.
The university community is invited to provide feedback on the site search tool on westminsteru.edu. Your survey responses will help inform improvements to site search functionality and results.