Undergraduate students may take a maximum of two courses on a credit/no credit basis. Students may not elect the credit/no credit option for courses being applied toward their majors or minors. Students in graduate programs may not elect the credit/no credit option.

Students receive a mark of credit (CR) for work with a grade of C- or better. Students receive a mark of no credit (NC) for work with a grade of D or F. Neither mark will be counted toward the student’s grade point average.

The election of the credit/no credit option must be made by the deadline posted in the Academic Calendar, approximately seven weeks after classes begin, and may not be changed thereafter, except in cases where students change majors or minors. Students who declare a major or minor in a given subject after having taken a course in that subject on a credit/no credit basis may be required by their major or minor department to retake the course for a letter grade.

Electing the credit/no credit option may affect your eligibility for academic distinctions such as the Dean’s List or honors at graduation. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Electing credit/no credit may also impact international status for international students. Please contact your International Advisor before submitting this form to the Registrar’s Office. If you are a recipient of military benefits, please contact the Financial Aid Office to ensure that your military benefits will not be affected by electing credit/no credit. A mark of credit (CR) is not a letter grade.