Competition, Dedication, Teamwork, Extramural
Student-sponsored club sports are a new addition to the multitude of opportunities available to enhance student life. A step up in competition from intramural sports, club sports allow you to develop a team in a sport of your choice and compete against other colleges and universities. Funding is generated by students working in coordination with the ASW student government.
How to Start a New Club Sport
Want to start a new club sport? Here are the steps you need to go through in order to have an official club on campus:
- Head over to the ASW office to fill out a Club Proposal Form and consult with the Director of Clubs and Organizations.
- Create a constitution for your club and submit to the Director of Clubs and Organizations and the Attorney General.
- The constitution will then be approved/ declined by the Judicial Council.
- If approved, it will then be taken to the Committee for Student Development to be either approved/ declined.
- If approved, it will then be presented to the Senate, whom you will address, to be approved/ declined.
- If approved, your club will be officially recognized by Westminster University campus and given a start-up budget.
- Start organizing activities and getting members!
For information on college-sponsored club sports please see the Intercollegiate Athletic Department's website.