two male student sitting at table in Richard Commons

Undergraduate Admissions

How to Apply

At Westminster, we take a holistic approach to applications. We want to know the whole you, not just a GPA or test score. So, we’ve kept it simple: all we need is an application, an official high school transcript, and either test scores or an essay. 

We are a test-optional school, which means we will give equal weight to a test score or an essay. Westminster University accepts both the Common App and the Westminster admissions application—you can apply using the option that is most convenient. Each step of the way, an admissions counselor is available to answer any questions you might have.

Important Dates

  • August 1: Common Application Opens
  • December 1: Early Action Deadline*
  • February 1: Regular Decision Deadline  

*After Feb. 1, application and financial aid decisions are made on a rolling basis. If you complete your application before Dec. 1, you can expect to hear back from the Office of Admissions by the first week of Jan. 2024. Applications completed after Feb. 1 can expect a decision within three weeks.

Additional instructions for applying as a...

Transfer Student

You have completed high school and are taking/have taken university-level courses since then. You’re ready to change it up and continue your university journey as a part of the Griffin community.


Westminster is home to more than 150 student- Veterans, military family members, cadets, and midshipmen. Here, you'll find academic excellence inside the classroom and community outside the classroom.

Additional Application Program Student

For students interested in applying to the Honors College, direct-entry nursing, or performing arts

International Student

First-Year and Transfer

Refer to application instructions and requirements for international students to learn more about applying as an international student.

Degree-Completion Student

Adult Learners

Complete your undergraduate degree with a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).

Non-Degree Seeking Student

Non-degree seeking students are students who are enrolled at the university but have not applied for, or been accepted into, a degree program; they plan to take courses for “interest only.”

Returning Student

Returning students were enrolled at Westminster and stopped attending for 3 consecutive semesters (not including Summer term) without receiving an approved leave of absence. To reenroll, students must complete the returning student application.

Concurrent Enrollment Student

High school junior or senior students wishing to take university-level classes and receive Westminster University credit can apply for concurrent enrollment.

Transferring to Westminster

You've worked hard to get where you are, and Westminster wants to help you take on your next chapter with confidence. Learn more about transferring to Westminster.



Submit Application

Submit an application through the Common App or the Westminster online application.


Submit Transcripts

Submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions you’ve attended. Unofficial transcripts can be submitted online with your application. Official transcripts need to be emailed to, or mailed to Westminster’s Office of Admissions.

Additionally, if you have fewer than 60 university credits, you will need to request official high school transcripts and submit those to Westminster.

Applying as a Veteran


How to Request Official Joint Services Transcripts

  1. Register for a JST account.
  2. Click on the “Transcripts” tab at the top of the page, then click the “Official Transcript Request” tab.
  3. Type in the institute name or any part of the name and click “search” or hit the enter key. Do not use any punctuation when typing the institute name.
  4. Verify delivery method. For Army and National Guard, transcripts can only be ordered and delivered online. For all other services there are two types of delivery methods:
    • Online—you can order as many transcripts as needed.
    • U.S. Postal Service Delivery—only 2 transcripts within 30 days can be delivered due to production and postage costs. Hard copies will be delivered on the next business day after transcripts are ordered.
  5. Acknowledge consent statement if the location is correct: you will need to click the box at the bottom of the page stating you have read and agree with the consent statement, then click “yes.”
  6. If the location is incorrect, click “no” at the bottom of the page and you will be returned to the list of campuses to allow you to select the correct location.

What if I can’t find my institute/school/verification service in the list?

Make sure you have typed the name correctly and scroll through the list. If your institution or location is not in the list, you will need to fill out the Official Request Form listed under your service.

  • Army
  • Coast Guard
  • Marine Corps
  • Navy
  • Air Force: You may order an official free transcript from CCAF by logging into AFVEC.
    • Under Self Service click "CCAF View Progress Report"
    • In the "Transcripts" drop down click "Order a Transcript"

Where do I send my transcripts?

Submit your official university transcripts online with your application, via email to, or mail them to the Office of Admissions.

Additional Application Programs

Several programs at Westminster require additional applications and/or materials for admittance. The first step for any of these programs is to complete your Westminster University application. Once you turn in your Westminster application, you can apply for these additional programs:

Honors College

The Honors College requires an additional application and essay for admittance, as well as offering interviews for interested applicants.



Direct entry to Westminster’s competitive nursing program guarantees a space in the program during your final 2 years at Westminster if you meet the minimum requirements for beginning the program. This application requires an additional essay and letters of recommendation.


Performing Arts

Students must audition to be considered for performing arts scholarships or to declare a major in music. In-person and virtual audition options are available. Students interested in majoring in theatre or dance, or students that are interested in music as a minor or as a participant, may do so without an audition.


Equal Access

Westminster University administers all of its educational programs, related support services, and benefits in a manner that does not discriminate against students or prospective students with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, or a person’s status as a veteran.

The university is committed to providing equal access for people with disabilities in its programs, services, facilities, and activities. Call Student Disability Services at 801.832.2272 if you are seeking admission information in an alternative format or if you need other accommodations.

Questions? We're here to help.