Submitting Transcripts for Evaluation

Contact your previous schools and request official transcripts be sent to the following address:

Admissions Office
Westminster University
1840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84105

Questions? Email

Ensure your grades, degrees, and any credentials earned (e.g. Interstate Passport) are recorded on your transcript prior to requesting it be sent to Westminster University. Transcripts are evaluated for transfer credit according to guidelines published in the Academic Catalog. You will be mailed a transfer evaluation detailing transfer credits awarded by the Registrar's Office usually within 48 hours of the receipt of your transcripts.

Transcripts from international institutions must include a course-by-course evaluation from SpanTran or World Education Services (ICAP) or another approved professional evaluation service.

Pre-Approval for Transfer

Current students considering transferring work from another institution should get pre-approval using the Transfer Credit Authorization form to ensure smooth application of transfer credits and that transfer work will not conflict with the College's residency requirement which states:

Undergraduate students earning baccalaureate degrees from Westminster must complete a minimum of 36 hours of coursework at the university. In addition, undergraduate students must complete in residence:

  • their last 36 hours of course work
  • at least 12 hours of upper division course work in any major
  • at least 8 hours of course work in any minor

Students with extenuating circumstances such as class or work conflicts, courses not being offered, pending job offers, etc. can file a Residency Policy Appeal for transfer credit to be considered as an exception to this policy.